Sunday, February 14, 2010

happy valentines!

this is me with my husband, jason on the left, and my brother, jarret on the right. i thought, gee, we all look alike. that's funny!

it's more funny when people think that jason and i are brother/sister, and then we kiss. NOT! just kidding, but that'd be sooo funny!

just came back from a mainland trip and brought back one deaf left ear. i'm trying to figure out the life lesson/valuable lesson in this. i've almost succumbed to a couple of panic attacks in the past 2 weeks of non-hearing, and also have been thinking of the value of good-humored EVERYDAY living despite my temporary handicap.

it's definitely put me in a state of gratitude, and what i FINALLY figured out was to turn it around from "why me?" to
"why not me?"
and really, i need to start applying that to everything: the lows to the highs and everything in between!!!

some loving valentines food for thought.. love ya!!!!





2 comments:

Acornbud said...

Happy Valentines Day and Chinese New Year! Glad to here the hearing loss is temporary.

debbie said...

hey jamie! opal told me about your hearing loss too - i hope you went to an Ear Nose Throat and had a workup done - are you slowly regaining some of the loss back? how'd it happen?...just wondering cause i'm an audiologist and have seen how sudden on-set hearing loss can be frustrating and make one feel "off-balance." take care and take yourself to an ENT if you haven't already.... ~debbie