Wednesday, February 3, 2010

pretties for your viewing pleasure




featured today, are some jewelry pieces that I think are pretty! sandy made the top 2 bracelets with a needle and thread technique (which you can learn in our class, aptly named needle and thread - coming up this month!) her style tends towards colorful, embellished, rich, jewel-y, pushing the limits and borderline excessive. I LOVE IT!

amanda made the gold necklace and gold bracelet. her style is sparse, simple and clean. I LOVE IT!

i love that i don't have to be one way, or another. i am both. i can be all. so can you!

my favorite thing that happens at the store almost everyday is this:
customer looks me straight in the eye and asks about a jewelry piece: "is this too much?" meaning gaudy, over the top, excessive.

me laughing: "i'm wearing 8 bracelets, earrings, 2 necklaces and 8 rings. i adorn every limb and extruding part of my body."

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i see beauty everyday, and i love it!




No comments: